Remember the days when New Year's Eve was a big event? There were parties, friends, crowds, etc? The night didn't stop until 7am the next morning? Yeah, me neither. But I always thought that sounded like fun. The reality for me was that trying to stay awake until midnight is a big event of it's own.
Here's how we rang in 2010:
During the day, we hung around the house playing with Christmakah presents and then headed to my mom's house for dinner (tacos, which were very good). We headed back home around 7pm. Both kids had decided earlier in the day that they both wanted to stay up until midnight. Gaby was the first to cave at around 8:30pm (an hour past her normal bedtime). At 11pm, Jacob stopped playing with his toys, looked up at Jay and announced that he also needed to go bed.
Now, I know what you're thinking....both kids are now in bed, allowing Jay and I to ring in the new year together. The only problem with that was Jay was asleep at 11:45pm and I was driftng off to sleep along side him. When I saw the clock said 11:55pm and realizing that I almost missed my New Year's kiss, I began subtley waking Jay up (aka poking him until he regained conciousness). At 11:59pm, with both of us now fully awake, we waited for the clock to turn midnight. At the stroke of midnight, as our neighbors shot off illegal fireworks and banged pots and pans together right outside our window (so loudly that I was sure they'd wake the kids up and I wanted to kill them - justifiable homicide if you ask me), Jay looked deep into my eyes and told me that becuase I poked him awake (ok, maybe I wasn't so subtle) he was going to make me wait until 12:01am for my kiss. And he did. But I did get a great kiss at 12:01....and we were both asleep by 12:05am. :)
I'm sure 2010 will turn out to be a great year.....it can't be much worse than 2009 was. Here's hoping your 2010 turns out to be everything you hope it to be.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thanks for the laugh!!!
ReplyDelete