Yesterday and today have been about relaxing. Gaby has been at her dad's house so I was able to tackle a deep cleaning of her bedroom and bathroom. The Christmas toys are finally all put away and I have a huge bag of donations for the Salvation Army.
Josh is coming over later and will spend the night with us. This will be the first time he's seen Jake since this summer and we are very excited to see him. Jay and Jacob made a voyage to the grocery store and came bag with more bags than I could count full of goodies. He's cooking carnitas and rice and beans for dinner. I've never had his carnitas, but since he's one of the best cooks on the planet, I bet it will be scrumptious!
Josh will sleep in Gaby's room since she's at her dad's again tonight. I wonder if he'll enjoy sleeping on a twin size, pink bed with a Disney Princess comforter? :-)
I am trying to get back into shape and one of the things I have given up is my soda habit. Since I don't drink or smoke, soda has always been my only vice. However....it is very, very bad for you and is packed with empty calories and tons of sugar. So I decided to say goodbye to it. Today is day 9 without any soda and I was doing ok until Jay came home with a 6pack of Pepsi (for Josh to drink). I can literally hear it calling my name from the refrigerator! Temptation is strong but I'm resisting!!! Now if I can only continue to resist all the leftover Christmas cookies, cakes and candies. Oy!
Not much new on the job front. Things came to halt during the Christmas break and new job postings are finally starting to pop up again. I got a call on my resume from a local company and they want to interview me tomorrow. Let's hope the ball keeps rolling in the right direction!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment